ABUSE AWARENESS– Bullying
Bullying is defined as unwanted, assertive or aggressive behavior among children, teens, and even adults that involves a power imbalance, whether real or perceived. It includes spreading rumors, making threats, excluding someone from a group on purpose, as well as attacking someone, whether physically or verbally.
There are several types of bullying:
1. Verbal Bullying—includes teasing, taunting, name calling, inappropriate sexual comments, and threatening comments
2. Social Bullying—includes telling others not to be friends with someone, leaving someone out of activities on purpose, spreading rumors about someone, gossiping, embarrassing someone in public
3. Physical Bullying—includes hitting, kicking, spitting, pinching, tripping, pushing, taking and/or breaking things, and making mean or rude hand gestures
4. Cyber Bullying,—which we have already discussed–includes any harassing, tormenting, embarrassing, or threatening comments or lies/ gossip made by text messaging, Facebook, websites, voice-messaging, emails or any form of internet social media.
Kids learn from the actions of others, especially adults. They watch how others manage stress and conflict as well as how they treat their friends, colleagues, and families. Many feel that verbal bullying is “nothing”.. however, words are very damaging to people and can affect their self-esteem and their decision-making in life. Also, more people get away with verbal bullying because of the lack of proof that it was done. No physical contact may be made but the damaging effects are still there despite the lack of physical contact. Also, many parents do not consider their children “bullies” because they treat their children the same intimidating, harassing ways. They may also treat their spouses the same abusive way. This is how the cycle of abuse starts and continues…These abusive people are blind to the fact that they “bully” their own children and own families. Education and exposure are keys to combating bullying and any abuse.
Dear Lord, You know that many are bullied today with verbal and physical aggression towards them. You know that many who witness are afraid to speak out and stand up against these bullies, whether in the schools or workplaces. Lord, I ask You to give strength to the victims and witnesses to stand up against bullying. Please bring total healing and restoration to all victims, and please deliver these bullies from their abusive ways so no one will be victimized again… in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
by Secret Angel of Secret Angel Ministry and The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on May 15, 2015 by secretangel. It was filed under Christianity, daily life, God, the word and Christian life, Thought of the Day and was tagged with a-click-a-blessing-today, abuse, bullying, christianity, God, grace, hope, inspiration, life.