I will praise the Lord my Rock
For His Mercy Endures Forever
In my storms, in my trials, in my troubles, in my pain
I will lift up my voice to my Lord
How Great is my God!
You are trustworthy O Lord
You ride the heavens to help me
and Your excellency in the clouds
Your love for me is too great to understand
He is El Shaddai – The Almighty God
He is YAHWEH-JIREH – The Lord who provides
He is YAHWEH-RAPHA – The Lord who heals me
Every day I will praise you
Every day I will worship you
Everyday I will meditate on Your great works
I lay aside every weight and the sins that try to ensare me.
I will run with endurance the race before me,
I keep my eyes on my Savior Jesus and I will not be ashamed
Search me, O God, and see my heart;
show me if there is any wicked way in me
lead me according to Your way everlasting life
Anoint me O God in the Highest heaven with the oil of gladness
Pour out your peace upon my mind and heart
Who are you O Great Mountain that tries to stand in my way?
For you shall become a plain before me
By You, O God, I can run against an army,
By my God, I can leap over a wall
The Lord is my shield!
He arms me with strength
He makes my way perfect
He sets me on high places
He teaches my hands to make war
so my arms can bend a bow of bronze
Today, when I hear Your voice,
I will not harden my heart as they did in the wilderness
Blessed be the Lord my God
and the Rock of my Salvation
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Let all heaven and earth praise Your Name
Praise God in the highest heavens and
Praise be to the Lamb who is worthy
Speak out God’s word and His praises from your heart. Fight off and bind up the enemies that try to destroy your heritage in the Lord. God’s word is a sword, let His praises fill the heavens and earth.
Woe to those who devise iniquity
And work out evil on their beds!
At morning light they practice it,
Because it is in the power of their hand,
They oppress and man and his house
A man and his inheritance.
God sees everything, nothing is hidden from Him. He sees the wicked and evil intentions people have for others. Hidden motives, they claim to be your friend, they say they wish you well, perhaps they are your own family members, they hug and kiss you with kind words just as Judas kissed Jesus They lie awake in the night scheming, they wake up and bring their thoughts to life. Their intention, which God see’s clearly, is to take what is not theirs. In their greedy hearts, they devise plans to steal a man’s inheritance and wish disaster on their family.
The bible was written to instruct us, correct us, guide us into righteousness , warn us, prepare us, convict and help us in every way. There isn’t a scripture or book in the bible without God’s divine hand of instruction for us.Although Micah was writing concerning Jerusalem and Samaria, there are many lessons and warnings applicable for us today. May God open your eyes to see and ears to hear and understand.
I found Micah to be fascinating and relevant for the present time- so listen carefully.
Watch out- many who call themselves brothers and sisters in Christ are NOT
There are people who secretly devise evil and wickedness against others have the sweetest words and countenance to fool you. Even more shocking, they assemble with us in our Christian house as a brother or sister in Christ, but they devise evil in their hearts. Yes! They worship God and sing his praises while they work iniquity. They may fool us, but they don’t fool God. The bible says that God turns his head from them and will not hear their prayers or cries for help.
But why? Why would anyone hate the righteous?
In Proverbs 29:27, the righteous are hated, abhorred and an abomination to the wicked:
An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous,
And he who is upright is the way an abomination to the wicked.
In 2 Cor 2:15-16, we are a stench of death to those who are perishing….
For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life.
Watch out! Don’t think you can get away with mixing your ways and God’s ways
There are wicked, unrighteous and vile people among us- in our houses of worship and our ‘Christian communites’. They worship with us, pretend with their works, knowledge and words, but secretly, they are wolves in our midst. They don’t truly honor and obey God. Many have made their own ways, own laws and have backslidden so far they no longer see truth. Many times they have mixed truth with lies. This isn’t anything new, it’s written all through scripture. In fact, in Jeremiah, 2500 years ago,the women were worshiping the Queen of Heaven and worshiping God. God continued to warn them, but they would not listen. I found it very interesting that the women refused to stop because they said since they started worshiping and praying to the queen of heaven, all was well with them – their prayers were answered. The bible tells us that when we pray to anyone or thing other than God (idol) we are actually praying to demons. So many times I’ve had people tell me how their prayers were answered when they prayed to a statue of their saint and their prayer was answered. Be careful! You are praying to demons and surely they like it and will do all they can to pull you further and further from God. They hate you and want to destroy your soul. Did Jesus die for nothing? We pray to God in Jesus name. You must chose between the spirit and flesh and the spirit of the world and the Spirit of God. You can’t pick both.
Back to Micah 2……
As Micah, proclaims, there are those who lie awake at night devising evil as they lie on their beds, when the morning sun arises, they bring these thoughts to action because they can. They are greedy and never have enough, they are not content with what they have and they do everything they can to get more, more, more more- stepping on anyone along the way. They try to steal a man’s inheritance and oppress a man and his family
However, to God’s people: You wait and cling to the Lord. For the Lord is against this wickedness and is devising disaster. No longer will your enemy walk upright in their pride and haughtiness as they scheme to take your heritage and what is your blessing.
So many different thoughts to take from here on Micah…… Remember to pray for your enemies – this brings you a blessing. Also do not return insult for insult. Wait on the Lord and He will make all things right. The verses above say that God brings disaster on those of evil scheming, but He also is saddened to see the wicked perish. He patiently waits for the wicked to turn from their ways. The entire book of Revelation is chance after chance to turn back to God, but some will not and instead will turn and curse Him.
These people walk in a false spirit – a lying spirit- who falsely divines and seek diviners, sorcery, magic -and provoke God to anger, they have no inheritance in God’s kingdom, it was sin punishable by death, they sell themselves to do evil instead of obeying the Lord.
If you walk in these ways, you must stop and repent. Do as the people in the New testament did and destroy everything that has to do with witchcraft, sorcery, magic and calling on the dead. DONT BE FOOLED, God is not mocked, for whatever you sow, surely you will reap. Galations 5:20 and more…
Listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit
I noticed something lately about opening my ears to hear the leading of the Holy Spirit. It’s easy to fall of the track and take a wrong turn. We can so easily make excuses to do things we know we shouldn’t. It’s exactly how the devil worked in the garden, he mixed truth and made it seem okay- he still does that today. Often times I will want to do something or say something and Ill either know I shouldn’t or I am unsure. At this point, if I begin to reason within myself why its okay and it’s not a sin – sure enough – If I find myself reasoning to do something, it’s something the Holy Spirit doesn’t want me to do. God wants to lead you in all you do, stop to pray and ask for His direction. He will lead you.
–If you find yourself reasoning and arguing with yourself about whether or not to do or not do something – you might be trying to argue for your own desires and not God’s.–
Learn a spiritual lesson :
As we read these verses, there’s a spiritual battle lesson in this. Just as people deceive and scheme disaster against you, there are spiritual authorities in high places that have the same plan of defeat for you – to rob you of your inheritance of a child of God. These spirits want to destroy your life and your joy, filling us with wrong thoughts of fear, worry, anxiety, defeat and lies. YOU must stand up in this battle with the Word of God as your hope and your anchor (Your Sword). God will fight for you, He will strengthen you and He will send His warring angels to fight for you. However, you must not be a coward. Understand who you are in Christ, Your authority in Him and the Power of the Holy Spirit in you. Let that truth strengthen you.
No weapon formed against you shall Prosper
No wicked words or curses risen up against you shall prosper
This is your true and trustworthy heritage in the Lord
You belong to a Great a mighty God
A Great Warrior is He
Well, I planned to write more on the amazing finds on Malachi, but it seems I took off with this verse from Micah2:1-4 . Learn a lesson from it historically, spiritually and literally in your lifee:
Woe to those who devise iniquity,
And work out evil on their beds!
At morning light they practice it,
Because it is in the power of their hand.
They covet fields and take them by violence,
Also houses, and seize them.
So they oppress a man and his house,
A man and his inheritance.
Therefore thus says the Lord:
“Behold, against this family I am devising disaster,
From which you cannot remove your necks;
Nor shall you walk haughtily,
For this is an evil time.
In that day one shall take up a proverb against you,
And lament with a bitter lamentation, saying:
‘We are utterly destroyed!
He has changed the heritage of my people;
How He has removed it from me!
To a turncoat He has divided our fields.
ughhhhh 27 days! Can you believe this. I wished I was still sleeping when I woke up today because when I’m sleeping there is no pain, just an occasional weird dream. Not every morning is like today, every day is different.
I don’t have an exciting story about my concussion, I woke up with a bruised head and later I bumped my head at the gym during a vacation in fort Myers at Pink Shell. Two hours later it hit me. Not an exciting story, I wasn’t doing triples on skates, kayaking through rough waters, jumping out of an airplane or exploring caves in Turkey – no, just an ordinary knock me out concussion without notice! I’m in bed most of the day. I’m not supposed to read, watch tv or do anything with thinking but here I am blogging and I’m reading the bible, a little dizzy now, but I hope to make it through.
I had NO idea recovery would be this long. I’ve been wanting to blog but my mind won’t let me. It’s difficult to drive, it takes all my concentration. If I see a bird or an iguana or anything that gets my attention, I forget I’m driving “Oh look! that hawk is huge and has a fish in his claws..or is it a baby duck, what is it hmmm I wonder what lake he got that fish from ” or “wow, look at all those vultures circling the marked off area of swamp, I bet there’s a body in there, should I call the authorities, why aren’t the vultures eating yet” . So on my last 2 short driving excursions, those were a couple of my distracting thoughts before I remember again that I’m driving. I stay off the road mainly, just once or twice took a short drive, but need more time. If someone in front of you is slow, please be patient! it may be me, and I always honk bank. That’s just who I am.
Staring has become my new hobby and scrubbing a stain on anything for a long time, is a new skill i can do. I now notice things I never did before, like how I need to clean my blinds and my kitchen cupboards. One thing at a time. It’s almost like I’m on Ritalin. but hey, is anyone listening?
So let me share some things I’ve learned, Ive thought or helped me though:
- Always be prepared – Thank God I had 6 months of homeschool planned with papers printed and organized in a binder per week. I am sure God nudged me to do that for this purpose.
- Live a life to please the Lord and not people. I can’t make everyone happy and I am A OK with that.
- I think depression is an evil spirit that tries to take over, you need to fight back. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. If you don’t agree, that’s cool, I have no energy to fight. I think the same of anxiety as well. I cant see into the spirit world, but that’s what I’m thinking. Don’t be mad
- Is it just me, or are doctor’s over medicating everyone
- Please be quiet
- Always remain hopeful! So many times I was losing hope, hate that feeling! Healing is taking so long and I’m used to drive through wendy’s rapido about everything in life. So this sloooooowneess is a new thing to me. I remembered the 10 spies who went to spy out the land and 8 had NO hope, only 2 believed God even though it looked impossible. I have to remember this – even though my days may look hopeless- I don’t believe what I feel or see – I have to have hope, I have to believe that better days and healing are ahead. It would greatly displease God to see that I didn’t hope in His healing and hope and know that He is always with me.
- Fix my thoughts. I had to recite this daily and answer each question.
- what is true? God cares and watches over me, I rest in His shadow
- What is Noble? A heart that Loves the Lord
- What is right? That I don’t give up, that I hang on to the Lord – wait on the Lord, yes wait on the Lord
- What is pure? The heart of the Father who created me and His Son who died for my awful sins.
- What is lovely? Your eyes are like doves, thank you Jesus!
- What is admirable? to be light and an example of Christ in this world
- What is excellent? God’s goodness!
- What is praiseworthy? My heart is full of thanks for all the blessings of God, they cannot be counted. So so so so thankful for laughter and humor. So many things have made me laugh even when I couldn’t talk in the hospital.
- Change your thoughts to thankfulness, certainly theres something you can be thankful for. Hey! I can read!
- Ask God for joy, that He would pour out the oil of gladness on you. sing it: If you want joy, you must ask for it, if you waaant joooy you must ask for it…the joy of the Lord is your strength!
- I hope I never have another bear dream again
- God knew this was going to happen, God is in control. He cares! yes He does. Trust in Him
- Ask for peace, amen. Pray for healing and never give up.
- I watched John Hagee and He said God never takes something from you unless He’s going to give you something far better than what you have. Give up whatever keeps you in bondage. Take the challenge to be better than what you can be. Maybe God dropped a catfish in my life to increase vigor – had to watch show to get that
- I’m getting dizzy but I don’t want to stop
- I found peace and rest in the shelter of the Most High, yes I did.
- He calls you back to Him
- His mercy is New every day! I say this every morning to myself. I didn’t get it at first but now I do.
- His power is perfected in weakness, I’m still trying to wrap my head around that one. Read Paul’s many attacks and you’ll feel better.
- Read Job, He lost everything, even his dignity before all he knew. Hang on to God’s hope and don’t ever give up.
- Stop worrying, you need to fix your thoughts for that one.
- Bring all your thoughts captive to the Lord! He’s had to take a lot of luggage full of thoughts from me lately.
- Let the Word of God change your mind, to be a new person in Christ
- Glory in your infirmaties – Lord knows I’m still working on that – that the power of Christ may rest upon me, I’m not sure I wrote that one right
- The stuff I’m writing is in the bible, but I don’t have the wherewithal to give you the scriptures
- Should I celebrate Rosh Hashana ?
- So so so thankful for friends and family for helping me! Also, for sending me encouraging verses – and dinner! thanks M!
- “Nevertheless, He regarded their affliction, when He heard them cry” Ps 106:44
- The Lord says ” I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God and they shall be my people” 2 Cor 6″16
- “They cried out to the Lord in their trouble and He delivered them out of their distresses. Ps107;6
- Repent! I’ve been a jerk
- Sorrow and mourning is good, it refines us, ask King Solomon, he’ll tell you
- “He brought me out of the darkness and the shadow of death and broke their chains in pieces. Ps 107 somewhere
- Is 26:3-4 The Lord will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him. Trust in the Lord forever
- Calm down! psalm 131
- Charles Stanley said ” You cannot wander to far, fail too many times or exceed Christ’s When you repent and turn to Him, He restores you to fellowship as though nothing had ever happened.
Okay, Im too dizzy and slightly nauseous to finish but I have lots more to share and say but it takes to much effort so for now, I must rest! That needs editing, excuse me, I must go stare at my closet door for a few hours. I hope you enjoy my journey blog.
Pray always! Never stop. The Our Father and Ps 23 have been my help and my meditation through it all
Peace people and Behave!
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge Prov. 1:7
All wisdom (understanding and knowledge) begins with the fear of the Lord. Do you want wisdom? life? and good all of your days? Listen and pay attention!
Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. pS 34
According to Psalm 34, Fear of the Lord is defined by these 6 keys:
- Keeping your tongue from evil
- Your lips from speaking deceit
- Departing from evil
- Doing good
- Seeking peace and pursuing it
An awesome promise follows :There is NO want to those who fear Him…those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. When you walk with the Lord, there is no reason to fear, He promises that you will have all you need. To Fear the Lord is more than just reverence, it’s living in obedience to Him and His Ways. It is to run from evil, seek the Lord, it is the beginning of wisdom and understanding. If you want wisdom, pay close attention.
Am I living, walking, talking, thinking, acting in the Fear of the Lord?????
- Am I seeking Him? -really really seeking Him – not just an occasional sit down with coffee in the sanctuary
- Is my heart right or have I put my “serving” and busyness in the way? Am I walking with Jesus?
- Are my words pleasing to Him?
- Are my thoughts in line with His Ways?
- Is my mind stayed on Him?
- Do I make an effort to live in peace with people around me or am I quick tempered and impatient?
- Do I stay away from evil? What music am I listening to? Are the movies and television shows I watch righteous and pleasing to the Holy Spirit in me?
- Do I do my best to live right? never lie, slow to anger, loving others, putting others before myself?
- what books am I reading?
- Am I mixing occult practices in with my walk with the Lord ?- (somebody is… you need to stop)
Sometimes the “Fear of the Lord” is put off to the side while we rush around in all our busy duties and traditions. Maybe we think we already have the fear of the Lord because we said the sinners prayer and go to church. However! As we read scripture, we see that there is an intentional effort that must take place on our part. When the bible says “Seek Him”, that means we may have to put aside our wants like tv and entertainment to truly seek Him. We have to watch our words too, that takes an effort, or at least it does for me. How about being a peacemaker? If that comes easy to you, maybe you’re not around enough people – because, at least in my life, it takes an effort to put on my shoes of peace. There will always be a battle within us – the flesh vs. spirit, but we need to let God’s Spirit lead us into righteousness. We must begin living a life in the Fear of the the Lord. It takes a disciplined life to live right. Behave!
***NOT ONLY DO WE AS FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST NEED TO FEAR GOD, BUT OUR CHURCHES NEED TO FEAR GOD – Even though many churches seem to lack this foundation – you can make a difference. Reverence His Sanctuary, Stay Silent before Him and keep His house a house of Prayer ***
I want to grow in wisdom, do you? I want to grow in understanding and knowledge just as King Solomon did. In order for us begin, we must first master the Fear of the Lord. It is the beginning of knowledge, it is to hate evil, it is a fountain of life, it leads me away from evil, its the beginning of wisdom – it’s more precious than all the world could offer.
Let’s define “Fear of the Lord” through scripture:
- is wisdom and to depart from evil is understanding Job 28:28
- Is clean (pure) , enduring forever Ps 19:9
- Is the beginning of wisdom, understanding belongs to those to who his commandments Ps 111:10
- Is the beginning of wisdom, understanding belongs to those who know the Holy One Pr 9:10
- Is the beginning of knowledge Proverbs 1:7
- Is to hate evil prov 8:13
- Is a fountain of life that turns us away from the snares of death pr 14:27
- Is the instruction of wisdom pr 15:33
- Is the key to a long life pr 10:27, pr 19:23, a life of honor and riches pr 22:4
- Leads us away from evil Pr 16:6
- In Isaiah 11:2, part of the 7 fold spirit, this being the foundation
- Is the instruction of wisdom – (it takes a disciplined life) Prov 15:31-33
Do you want to understand the Fear of the Lord? Do you want to find knowledge and be given wisdom by the Lord ? (pr2)Then you must:
- Treasure His commands
- incline your ears to wisdom
- apply your heart to understanding
- cry out and ask for wisdom, discernment and understanding
- seek wisdom and understanding as you would seek a hidden treasure
PROMISES WHEN YOU SEEK THESE TREASURES: (pr2)
WISDOM WILL ENTER YOUR HEART ( I so need that)
DISCRETION WILL PRESERVE YOU (hello, I need that too)
YOUR WAYS WILL BE PRESERVED (I love this promise)
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND JUSTICE (don’t we all need this?)
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND RIGHTEOUSNESS (one righteous man can make a difference)
YOU WILL BE DELIVERED FROM THE WAY OF EVIL ( Amen!)
THE LORD WILL BE A SHIELD , GUARDING YOUR PATH (Ps91-He Protects me)
DELIVER YOU FROM THE IMMORAL WOMAN (and all temptations)
My son, if you receive my words,And treasure my commands within you,
So that you incline your ear to wisdom,And apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment,And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver,And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
He guards the paths of justice,And preserves the way of His saints.
Then you will understand righteousness and justice,
Equity and every good path.
When wisdom enters your heart,And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,
Discretion will preserve you;Understanding will keep you,
To deliver you from the way of evil,From the man who speaks perverse things,
From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness;
Who rejoice in doing evil,And delight in the perversity of the wicked;
Whose ways are crooked,And who are devious in their paths;
To deliver you from the immoral woman,
From the seductress who flatters with her words,
Hear the Word of the Lord:
- And Abraham said, “Because I thought, surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will kill me on account of my wife. But indeed she is truly my sister. She is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. And it came to pass, when God caused me to wander from my father’s house, that I said to her, ‘This isyour kindness that you should do for me: in every place, wherever we go, say of me, “He ismy brother.”” GEN 20:11-13
- Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel: “The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue. The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me:‘ He who rules over men must be just,Ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises,A morning without clouds, Like the tender grass springing out of the earth,By clear shining after rain.’ 2 Samuel 23:1-4
- Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.2 Cor 7:7
- Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. Acts 9:31
Let us together revisit these life changing verses and begin a journey to gain wisdom or to continue growing in wisdom. Stop and consider your ways, decide today to make a new change that your heart would be filled with a priceless gift – Wisdom from God. Wisdom to make the right choices, wisdom in our words, understanding justice, new gifts and abilities, right thoughts, new ideas and knowing how to live a life pleasing to our God, our Father and our Creator.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
Honor His Name, Reverence His Sanctuary, Walk in the Fear of the Lord
Don’t know which way to go? Start here with the Fear of the Lord and He will fill you will wisdom as you go forward.Seek Him, Obey His commands. Jeremiah 6:16 says to Stop at your crossroad, look around, ask for the old godly (ancient) way and then go! walk in it, there you will find rest for your soul.
Do you want wisdom? A wisdom that is far beyond the wisdom of human reasoning……
The first time we see wisdom/ being wise is in Genesis 3:6. It was Eve, she “desired to be wise” and “wanted the wisdom” that the serpent claimed she would receive from eating the fruit. She craved the wisdom she would receive if she disobeyed God. Do you notice how we are so easily deceived? All the devil needs to do is mix a little truth into anything and so many believe the lies he spews into our ears. We need Godly wisdom so we don’t fall into the devils trap. In James 1:5, we are told to ASK for wisdom from our generous God and He will surely give it to you – without rebuke. We can also grow in wisdom as King Solomon did. You will grow in wisdom if you obey Him. Learning, seeking wisdom and growing in understanding never stops – pursue it forever. Wisdom also fills our lives with promises from God.
Do you want this wisdom? Remember it starts with the Fear of the Lord, you cannot attain these promises without this foundation. For more information on the Fear of the Lord, see my last post: What is the Fear of the Lord? Listen and I will teach you the FEAR OF THE LORD! It is the beginning of WISDOM and UNDERSTANDING. What’s the next step?ASK for Wisdom. Pray and cry out to God for this wisdom. Want to grow in wisdom? Obey obey obey – that the key to growing in wisdom. Watch out that pride doesn’t slip in, acknowledge daily that the gifts God gives you are not of your own doing. Embrace, love, seek and prize wisdom. Keep your eyes glued on wisdom, let it fill your heart. Continue to walk along His path always growing in understanding and knowledge of His word.
Here are just a few of the Promises that come with God’s wisdom : long life, safety, protection, understanding, saves you from evil people, gives you favor, direction, discretion, wisdom to go in the right direction, keeps you from temptation, brings honor, bright futures and fulfilled hope for what lies ahead. Wisdom will make you great! Wisdom will honor you! Wisdom will guard you! Wisdom will lead you along the right paths! (with all humility and humbleness, because if you let pride slip in, it ruins everything)
Not only do we have these great promises with God’s wisdom, but more specifically, the Lord gives each of us wisdom with specific skills and amazing abilities. He gives us ideas, insight and direction. Look at some of the gifts of wisdom the Lord gave His people:
Examples Wisdom given from God in the bible:
- Skilled craftmen – making garments for the priests – this was gift of wisdom from God Exodus 28:3
- Ability and expertise in all kinds of crafts – Exodus 31:3, 35:31,
- Ability of the engraver, the workman, the weaver Ex 35:35
- Ability to perform any task involved in building, constructing and furnishing Ex 36:1
- Ability and desire to work are gifts of wisdom from God
- Ability to create and decorate – brass 1 Kings 7
- Filled with understanding and wisdom to be leaders Dt 1:13
- Wisdom to plant and harvest, He gives the farmer wisdom Is 28:29: to know how to level the surface, sow the seed, plant in rows, how to grind/crush the flour- all this is from the Lord
- To rule and govern countries – Joseph Acts 7:10, Solomon
- To save nations, countries and families
……off subject, but when I look at the gifts/wisdom/abilities God gave above, I can’t help but think that today’s education has completely eliminated/crushed these abilities/crafts in our culture.
Examples of wise men in the bible:
- Joseph– God gave him favor before Pharaoh and unusual wisdom to govern over all Egypt Acts 7:10
- Joshua filled with spirit of wisdom Dt 34:9. He was chosen and given the responsibility to lead after Moses’ death, to bring the people into the Promised land
- Solomon: first person in bible to ASK for wisdom instead of riches and fame 1 Kings 3, He asked for wisdom in governing people with justice and he kept growing in wisdom, understanding and knowledge
- Zechariah– a man of great wisdom, unusual wisdom. He was the East Gatekeeper 1 Chronicles 26:14
- Ezra given wisdom from God to appoint judges , King Artaxerxes noticed Ezra’s wisdom was from the Lord Ezra 7:25. Ezra was a scribe who spent much of his time studying God’s word, In fact, scripture tells us that God’s hand of graciousness was on Ezra because he was determined to study and obey God’s laws as well as teach those decrees and regulations to the people of Israel
- Hiram of Tyre of tribe of Naphtali, a son of a widow- God filled him with wisdom to create many items of Bronze for King Solomon 1 King 7:12, he created pillars of brass, chapiters on the pillars decorated with pomegranates and lilies, he made the molten sea for the temple and the oxen holding it up. His work was decorated with lions, oxen, cherubim, lilies and pomegranates . He created many more items of brass for King Solomon
- 4 men in Daniel – God gave them an unusual aptitude for understanding every aspect of literature and wisdom Daniel 1:17
- Daniel was 10 times more capable than any magician and enchanter in the kingdom. God have him wisdom, strength and favor Daniel 1-5. He was found to have insight, understanding and wisdom .
- Jesus!!! He was filled with all wisdom, He grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people
- Stephen was full of wisdom and no one could stand against the wisdom and the Spirit with which He spoke. Acts 6:10
……..and many, many more……………………………….
Wise Women in the bible:
- A woman from Tekoa 2 Samuel 14:2- a woman with a great reputation for wisdom who went before the king 2 Sam 14
- Ex 35:26 women whose hearts stirred up in them wisdom spun goats hair
- a wise woman from bel-beth-maacah saved her city when she threw the head of Sheba over the wall to King David’s commander Joab.
- Deborah – a judge of Israel
- Jael – wisdom, strength and courage to deceive and destroy Israel’s enemy, the commander of Canaan’s army named Sisera. “theLord’s victory over Sisera will be at the hands of a woman”
- Esther– beautiful queen of Persia who, through the wisdom and favor from the Lord, saved the Jewish Nation
- Abigail – saved her household from a great slaughter
- The 5 bridesmaids who kept oil in their lamp
- The Proverbs 31 woman
- Lydia – the Lord opened her heart to hear and understand the words of Paul, saving her and all her household Acts 16
- Rahab saved herself and family , some of the women had shrewd tactics like Lot’s daughters, Tamar (Gen 38) who pretended to be a prostitute to sleep with her father in law, Isaacs wife who told Jacob to deceive his father for the inheritance and blessing, Leah who secretly took her sisters place in the wedding bed, and the woman from Tekoa who went before King David, but hey! men were shrewd too- consider Jacob and then Laban, he was a real swindler
…..and many more….I like the Shumanitte woman but I don’t know if she was wise or super persistent“It is well, it is well” said the Shunamite woman 2 Kings 4:8-37
There are many more examples of men and women in the bible filled with God’s wisdom. They saved nations, they saved their families and were able to continue in God’s strength to carry out all that God had planned for their lives. (Wisdom is mentioned 23x in the book of Job. 47x in Proverbs. 26x in Ecclesiastics)
More facts on Wisdom from the wisest man who ever lived : King Solomon:
Fear of the Lord is the foundation and first step before Wisdom. Wisdom is given to us from the Lord. Once we have wisdom, wisdom will lead you to understanding with knowledge. Following that, God will give you discernment, good judgment and disciple. (knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment, knowledge comes to those with understanding) God’s wisdom founded the earth and preserves it, His understanding created and stretched out the heavens – can we understand or fathom how great this is!?!
Turn your ears to wisdom, ask, pray and cry out for it, for the Lord grants wisdom! It will save you from evil and twisted people, it will save you from temptation. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom, but shun evil and Fear the Lord. There is much joy to the one who finds wisdom, it is greater than silver and pays more than gold. It is more precious than a ruby, in fact nothing can compare with it.
Wisdom is like a tree of life to all those who seek and hold tightly to her. In fact, seeking and getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! If you prize wisdom, she will make you great! Embrace wisdom and she will honor you, love wisdom and she will guard you. God’s wisdom will multiply your days and add years to your life, if you find it, you will have abright future and your hopes will not be kept short – that is an great promise!!!! Wisdom will keep you safe – Gods wisdom, but those who trust in their own insight are foolish.
Wisdom will lead you along the straight paths. Keep your eyes glued on wisdom from above, don’t be foolish seeking human wisdom. Getting wisdom will benefit you- seek her with all your might. Wisdom is enshrined in an understanding heart. In all this, watch that pride doesn’t slip in. It’s like a silent serpent, like a virus that silently tries to trap you. Check your heart for humility as you seek and grow and wisdom, for pride comes before the fall and humility comes before honor. Seek wisdom from God, not mans wisdom – for no human wisdom can stand against the Lord. For more nuggets of wisdom from King Solomon click here : 77 Don’ts from King Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived. Proverbs & Ecclesiastes
Verses to ponder and think about………………..
- James 3:15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic.
- James 3:17But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.
- Revelation 13:18Wisdom is needed here. Let the one with understanding solve the meaning of the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is 666.
- The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.’” Job 28:28
- Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Psalm 111:10
My thoughts : If I’m jealous and selfish, I’m not living according to God’s ways nor am I walking in the Fear of the Lord. If I am jealous or selfish, I am actually acting in an earthly demonic way – that is terrifying! God’s wisdom is peace loving and gentle – ooohhhh dear – and willing to yield to others. I’m beginning to understand that I am not fully where I want to be yet. I need to work on being gentle, but seriously…. I don’t know if its in me. Was the Shummanite woman gentle? Was Deborah gentle? If I obey the Lord’s commands I will grow in wisdom , aha! that’s the key to growing in wisdom – obedience….and that takes self discipline.
- Psalm 51:6 But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom even there.
- Psalm 90:12Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.
- Psalm 104:24 O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creatures.
My thoughts: How does God teach me wisdom in the womb. That is so amazing! He must fill us with wisdom (errr some of us) or perhaps that verse was speaking of Jesus, hmm no I don’t think so, I just read the chapter. Really amazing that not only do we receive wisdom, but we can grow in wisdom. That gives me hope. God made us in His image. He is the Creator and He wants to give us creative gifts.
- Proverbs 18:4 Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook.
- Proverbs 19:8 To acquire wisdom is to love yourself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.
- Proverbs 24:3 A house is built by wisdom and becomes strong through good sense.
- Proverbs 29:15 To discipline a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child.
- Proverbs 9:1 Wisdom has built her house; she has carved its seven columns.
- Isaiah 11:2And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.Out of the stump of David’s family will grow a shoot—
My thoughts: That’s interesting – wise words are like deep waters..like a bubbling brook. When I hear those words I can’t help think of the heart mentioned in Proverbs- beware of what goes in your heart, for out of it flow the issues of life and also Jesus spoke of living water in our hearts. This wisdom goes in our hearts and earlier we read that it its enshrined in understanding. Once this wisdom goes in our heart, it overflows into every area of our life. it also reminds me of the verse in Jeremiah 17:7-8 ‘Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, he shall be like a tree by the rivers” The roots of the tree go deep into the waters and soil and nothing can knock this tree down, nor stop it from producing fruit. To cherish wisdom is to love our own soul. very cool.I need my house to be strong and built right by the Lord, only His wisdom can help me. Discipline produces wisdom, but ugh I feel so tired, when will I see the fruit of discipline? Sometimes I want to give up. God give me wisdom. Okay last verse – I cant help but think of the candles in the tempe – the 7 candles and with that thought, I link it to Isiah 11:2 and the 7 spirits, perhaps they are the 7 pillars or symbolic? I believe their is an order or growth in this way also: Fear of the Lord, Spirit of Knowledge, Spirit of Counsel, Spirit of Might, Spirit of Wisdom, Spirit of Understanding and the Spirit of the Lord.
- Ecclesiastes 2:26God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy to those who please him. But if a sinner becomes wealthy, God takes the wealth away and gives it to those who please him. This, too, is meaningless—like chasing the wind.
- Ecclesiastes 7:11Wisdom is even better when you have money. Both are a benefit as you go through life.
- Ecclesiastes 7:12 Wisdom and money can get you almost anything, but only wisdom can save your life.
- Ecclesiastes 7:23I have always tried my best to let wisdom guide my thoughts and actions. I said to myself, “I am determined to be wise.” But it didn’t work.
- Ecclesiastes 7:24 Wisdom is always distant and difficult to find.
- Ecclesiastes 7:25 I searched everywhere, determined to find wisdom and to understand the reason for things. I was determined to prove to myself that wickedness is stupid and that foolishness is madness.
- Ecclesiastes 8:1 How wonderful to be wise, to analyze and interpret things.Wisdom lights up a person’s face, softening its harshness.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever you do, do well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.
- Ecclesiastes 9:16 So even though wisdom is better than strength, those who are wise will be despised if they are poor. What they say will not be appreciated for long.
- Ecclesiastes 9:18 Better to have wisdom than weapons of war, but one sinner can destroy much that is good.
- Ecclesiastes 10:1As dead flies cause even a bottle of perfume to stink, so a little foolishness spoils great wisdom and honor.
- Ecclesiastes 10:10 Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade. That’s the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.
So what have we learned? First we must have mastered the Fear of the Lord. Then we must ask for Wisdom. Wisdom only comes from the Lord and we are told to ask and He will give it to us. Ask, pray, cry out for wisdom. Knock, Seek and Ask. We can also grow in this wisdom through obedience. God’s wisdom is filled with gifts and promises for us. It helps us, strengthens us,empowers us to teach others, comfort the weary and lead God’s people. When our leaders today – God’s shepherds stop seeking wisdom,they fail and the flocks scatter. It is so important to seek wisdom. Don’t let finances, advertising and busyness knock you off the path. If you’ve already fallen, time to make a change and get back on track. Gatekeepers, you must continue growing in wisdom and keeping God’s flock from stumbling. Remember not to put your trust in human wisdom and strength. If we boast in anything – it is that we know God. God’s wisdom is pure, it is the knowledge that the message of the cross has the power of God for Salvation. Christ is the wisdom of God and God made him to be wisdom itself. No man can know God through human wisdom, it is only for those who believe.. 1 Cor 1:18 Cor 1:21. 1 Cor 1:24,30.
Is there no wisdom in this land? Is no one left to give wise counsel?
Then I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds so they did not blow on the earth or the sea, or even on any tree. And I saw another angel coming up from the east, carrying the seal of the living God. And he shouted to those four angels, who had been given power to harm land and sea, “Wait! Don’t harm the land or the sea or the trees until we have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.” Revelation 7:1-3
This is my discovery/theory based on this scripture and more below: In the last day, the house of Israel will rise from their graves and will receive Salvation and the Seal of the Holy Spirit through their belief in Jesus who will appear to them. They will become a vast army that fights with Christ in the last days. Immediately after the Jews are saved, the dead in Christ will rise up. All will see Christ descending on the clouds or a cloud. The dead will rise up first and then all those living. There’s lots more, so read on…..
If we search the scripture to find out more about the 4 winds. We will find that at times the 4 winds scatter people, they also release the beasts from the sea, they have the ability to harm the earth and trees but in Ezekiel 37 – the chapter on dry bones- the 4 winds bring breath into the bodies formed from the skeletons in the valley. (Keep in mind: Rev 7 talks about the tribes of Israel being sealed immediately after the verse about the 4 winds so this may be a clue that the 4 winds in Revelation and Ezekiel are the same, giving life back to the dead of the house of Israel)
‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, O breath, from the four winds! Breathe into these dead bodies so they may live again.’” Ez 37:9b
Before we can move on, let’s go over some things from Ezekiel 37 so you can see this come together. (And hey! Maybe I’m right, maybe I’m wrong-Is Ez 37 symbolic? Or is it specific? Or is it both? Who knows! that’s my disclaimer) Here’s what we know about the bones in Ezekiel 37.
- The bones are in a valley vs. 1 (Joel 3:14- could this be the valley of decision?)
- The bones are the people Israel 11 – “The whole house of Israel”
- They are bones of people who once lived and died vs 3
- They died in their sins because they needed to be cleansed vs 23
- When they were given new life, they were given God’s Holy Spirit and they would return to their land- this hasn’t happened yet so we’re going to say it’s talking about the last days
- They stood on their feet and became a great army. Also Zech 12:8, could this also be the army of Revelation 19:14? (That’s debatable, but they are considered a great army that goes out and fights for the Lord in the last days, no talk of white robes though- only those died in tribulation)
Okay so here we know that the 4 winds gave breath/life to the whole house of Israel that died. Notice also the very next verses in Revelation 7 talk about the tribes of Israel being sealed. Also, notice the winds weren’t allowed to harm the earth or sea (yet) but we don’t know if this wind just caused the prophecy of Ezekiel 37 to come to pass. In Rev 7:4, the People of Israel were marked with the seal of God and in Ez 37, they were given God’s Spirit (v14). What is the seal of God? Consider the verses below
- 2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
- Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
- Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye aresealed unto the day of redemption.
- 2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
So considering the word seal and the verses above, let’s move on knowing that these tribes of Israel are sealed for salvation by the Holy Spirit.
But how did this happen? Well we know the bones were given new life, but we have more clues to this moment. Let’s go to Zechariah….
- Zechariah 12:8-10 On that day the Lord will defend the people of Jerusalem; the weakest among them will be as mighty as King David! And the royal descendants will be like God, like the angel of the Lord who goes before them! For on that day I will begin to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. “Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as for a firstborn son who has died
Look at this! Zechariah talks about the last days and a Spirit of grace and prayer poured out on the family of David. Does this prove the Holy Spirit’s seal of revelation 7 and Ezekiel 37 link with Zechariah? Possibly! We are told, in the verse above, that the people of Israel will see Christ, the Messiah, His piercings and mourn for Him as an only son, as a firstborn son who has died.
- Ez 39:29 . And I will never again turn my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit upon the people of Israel. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!
Could this also be the valley of decision, since we know the bones were in a valley Ez 1 and Joel 3:14-16 talks about a valley of decision in the last days:
- Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
Putting this together: The dead of Israel are given new life, they see and believe in Christ and are sealed by God – but there’s more! Let’s move on because Jesus is going to cleanse them on this very day with water, a fountain, river :
- Zechariah 13:1 “On that day a fountain will be opened for the dynasty of David and for the people of Jerusalem, a fountain to cleanse them from all their sins and impurity.
- Ezekiel 47:1 [ The River of Healing ] In my vision, the man brought me back to the entrance of the Temple. There I saw a stream flowing east from beneath the door of the Temple and passing to the right of the altar on its south side.
- Ez 36:25-27 “Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.
More Proof that this chapters 12-14 in Zechariah is about the Last Days:
- Zech 14:1-9Watch, for the day of the Lord is coming when your possessions will be plundered right in front of you! I will gather all the nations to fight against Jerusalem. Then the Lord will go out to fight against those nations, as he has fought in times past. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem. And the Mount of Olives will split apart, On that day life-giving waters will flow out from Jerusalem, half toward the Dead Sea and half toward the Mediterranean, flowing continuously in both summer and winter. And the Lord will be king over all the earth.
I know there’s more , but for attention’s sake, let’s put some things together, assuming these verses are talking about the same day, time and moment.
This is between the 6th and 7th seal of Revelation. There will be a day and a time that the Lord God will rise of the dead of Israel who died in their sins and give them new life and a new spirit. (Consider 1 Thes 4:14-17 link in to prove this – the dead will rise first, and also salvation is for the Jew first and then the Gentiles Romans 1-2 which may prove the Jews rise first and are given a new spirit then the dead in Christ rise up before those alive on earth rise up- and maybe this is why Jesus tells the high priest in Matt 26:64 that he will see the Son on man returning on the clouds- because they will be alive again!!!)
More proof! And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.Matthew 24:30
They will be sealed with the Seal of God and nothing will be able to harm them on earth. They will see Jesus, they will mourn for Him as an only Son. A river of cleansing will cleanse them from all their sins. They will be a great army for the Lord and will rise up in the last days to fight for Him.
- Are these 4 winds the same 4 winds in Ezekiel that give life to Isreal?
- Are the tribes mentioned in Revelation 7 that are sealed the same army that God rose up out of the valley?
- Is this the valley of decision from Joel?
- Is this where the people of Israel see Him who was pierced and mourn for Him?
Joel 3:21- the last days war, God will pardon the peoples sins that He has not yet pardoned
Oh, my people, dress yourselves in burlap
and sit among the ashes.
Mourn and weep bitterly, as for the loss of an only son
Hey! Who pulled the rug from under my feet? I’m not on this boat and I won’t agree and neither will the God who this country claims to be under.
This is not okay! Where is the voice of righteousness? Where is the voice of wisdom?
Who says I have to be politically correct? I want my liberty! I want my generations to be raised under God and not the lust of this nation. Why do teenagers who have sex with the same sex get their own room in the library – the “safe zone”? Thanks ACLU for your gay sex posters all over my public libraries that we pay for. I want my posters up – God made marriage for a man and a woman.
No, this is not hate speech, I signed up for a country under God, of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and I’m not happy right now. There is no life where the flesh rules, there is only death, there is no liberty except in Christ and the ways of the Lord God. America, you have robbed me of my liberty to raise my children in righteousness, America you have crushed our foundation and what we stand for, America you are no longer the land of the free and brave but a land of moral decay , weakness and lust.
JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT SOMETHING DOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULD HAVE IT.
JUST BECAUSE YOU BURN FOR LUST FOR SOMETHING DOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULD ACT ON IT.
Where is righteousness? Can justice be found? Holiness is in a grave long forgotten and the name of our God is no more than a curse word.
We are a country filled with wicked lust of every kind, no one stops to say
Is this the right way?
Which path should I take?
Everyone follows after their own wants, lusts and desires. We have become proud and arrogant in all our riches and plenty. Destruction is sure to come. Enjoy today- go ahead, follow your lustful desires and your perverted ways. There is no longer any right or wrong. My right is your wrong and your right is my wrong and it’s all a confusing mess of accusations and confusion.
God is always in control. He runs the nations and He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Perhaps, He will raise the voices of the righteous because with Him, all things are possible. I don’t get it – This act is against Jewish law, Christian Law and Muslim law – who is making these decisions if it’s not one of these 3 groups that covers at least 85% or more of America?
What liberty was denied to them? None! They had more liberty than any straight person plus extra benefits. They had equal rights all the way around. I can’t believe people think this is beautiful.
If your gay, fine – but stop shoving it my face, It’s as if you continually need someone to tell you what you are doing is okay. Stop promoting it on television, in children’s books, children’s tv shows, God warns us :
if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea. Mathew 18
No one looks for wisdom or values understanding, every one has fallen to complete foolishness. As the scripture says
“they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. … So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
And what’s up with the newly emerging race hatred? I see an uprising in race hate and it’s completely demonic. If you have something against another race, you need to ask God to cast it out- I’ve never seen so much racial tension. How can we be equal if we are separate? It’s time to come together and stop looking at color! I can’t stand it. And while you’re at it, tell your kids that if they run from the police, expect to get shot in the arse- that’s what I told mine.I’m not saying discrimination doesn’t exist, but let living in love start with you.
Oh that Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr were here today, would anyone listen? He said
- “Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that”
- “Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social justice.”
- “ The church must be reminded that it is not the master of the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of the state. It must be the guide and the critic of the state, and never it’s tool”
I wish this wisdom could be found today. The Lord told me this 2 years ago:
“You don’t realize that I am watching you. I am watching all of you. Your sinful deeds are all around you, and I, the Lord, see them all. You entertain each other with wickedness and lies and many of you are aflame with lust. Yet, as I watch and listen, not one of you cries out to me. You continue to mingle with godless foreigners and you made yourself as worthless as a half baked cake. Are you for me or do you long for the things of this world? Have they filled your heart so much that you no longer desire me? Haven’t you read the warnings? My people have become lukewarm.
Do you cowardly cringe when you say the name of my Son Jesus? If you deny Him, He will surely deny you before ME. What sorrow awaits those who desert ME. For I sent My only Beloved Son FOR YOU, Yet you consider it as nothing. My fury is about to be poured out like boiling water from an overturned pot. How much longer shall I call out to you?
My heart weeps for you. If you would only open your eyes and see how much I LOVE YOU. You seek me, but you don’t find me. You have looked everywhere but you your sins have weighed you down, you carry them around as ropes tied to you. When will you confess?- for I am an all forgiving God- and Savior. But you don’t admit your wrongs. Have you not heard that there is no sacrifice that will cover your deliberate continual sinning? You don’t cry out to me with sincere hearts.
Is there an island of righteousness anywhere? Is there any freedom? any liberty? any justice? any righteousness? any wisdom? any understanding? I hope you will earnestly and soberly consider your salvation. If Christ came back tomorrow would you be with us? I’m not just talking about homosexuality or hate, it’s the sin that entangles you – may you escape the ropes of sin that drag you away. Tremble, for the day of the Lord is nearer today than it was when you first started reading this.
I’m guessing Christians and Churches are going to be forced to accept this union under the cross of Christ. Give me liberty or give me death! It’s better to die in Christ and so what if we have to go to prison for Christ, Paul did and his words and His testimony of Christ brought salvation to many and still speak today.
I don’t believe the statistics that 3.3 million people agree with this. What a lie.
I see WordPress is happy about this decision, as I type, I see a new glorious rainbow border – it should remind me of God’s great promise, but today it marks a signal of a day of future destruction. I wonder if they will give me the same freedom they were given.In all this, I bring it God. He will give me justice, this is yea and amen in Christ. I eagerly await His return, yet trembling as I do. I almost cringe as I press publish, I can imagine the number of haters and heterophobics who will want to comment hate speech against us God fearing Americans. I suggest you just glory in your win, may God help us.
- Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
- Romans 1:26-28 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
- Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
- Jude 1:7 Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
- Leviticus 20:13-15 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death;
- Ephesians 5:1-21 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. …
- Galatians 5:16-21 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, …
- 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; …
- 1 John 2:9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4 That each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,
stop tlc from promoting transgender lifestyle to children one million moms – click link to let your voice be heard
Rome fights for the family: hundreds of thousands rally in Rome against homosexual marriage
I received two emails yesterday on this new games children are playing. I’m sure that it seems like a fun harmless game to the children who play it, just like when all the kids were sniffing smarties candies. They were confused because it was candy, how could it be wrong? However, some children were even dying from it. So here’s the newest fad and information, please pass on the warning to others. I listed 3 sources below, please take the time to review link – unfortunately we must warn even the youngest ones from these dangers. ( I would be careful when watching the videos)
The name has been searched on Google more than any other event. Teens have even been posting videos of them doing the “Charlie, Charlie Challenge.”The game has been around for a long time in Latin America, although it is just now recently gaining popularity here through social media.
A new occultic social media trend has gone viral, challenging kids to attempt to summon a demon.The homemade game is similar to using a Oujia board, and it’s called the “Charlie Charlie Challenge.”It involves putting two pencils on a piece of paper in the shape of a cross, and writing the words “yes” and “no” in the boxes outlined by the pencils.The participants then summon what they say is a Mexican demon called Charlie, attempting to ask him questions for guidance for their lives.**CB
Spanish exorcist Jose Antonio Fortea told ACI Prensa that the so-called #CharlieCharlieChallenge involves the very real, occult practice of “calling on spirits.”In an interview May 27, he warned that “some spirits who are at the root of that practice will harass some of those who play the game.” Even though the priest thinks that players “won’t be possessed” necessarily, the spirit that has been invoked “will stay around for a while.”Fr. Fortea also warned that playing the game “will result in other spirits beginning to enter into even more frequent communication.”“And so then the person really can suffer much worse consequences from the demons,” he said.Catholic experts have noted that occult activity and the resulting need for exorcisms has reached a critical level worldwide.The International Association of Exorcists (AIE) met for their 12th annual conference in Rome last October. According to AIE spokesperson Dr. Valter Cascioli, an increasing number of bishops and cardinals asked to participate in the conference due to an increase in demonic activity.
- And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft, or cast spells, or function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord. DT 18:10
- The nations you are about to displace consult sorcerers and fortune-tellers, but the Lordyour God forbids you to do such things.Deuteronomy 18:14
- When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Galations 5:19-20
- Many who became believers confessed their sinful practices. A number of them who had been practicing sorcery brought their incantation books and burned them at a public bonfire. Acts 19:19
- Household gods give worthless advice,fortune-tellers predict only lies, and interpreters of dreams pronounce falsehoods that give no comfort. So my people are wandering like lost sheep; they are attacked because they have no shepherd.Zechariah 10:2
- I will put an end to all witchcraft, and there will be no more fortune-tellers Micah 5:12
All of the promises of God are YES! in Him and AMEN!
to the Glory of God
2 Cor 1:20
- Arms me with strength ,always beside me, always keeps his promises, advises me and guides me, A shield around me Ps 18:32,145:13,33:8
- Bends down to listen to my prayer, he hears my voice Ps116:1 – 2
- Crowns the humble with victory, close to all who fear Him Ps149:4, 145:18
- Destroys the wicked. directs my steps, and delights in the details of my life Ps145:20,37:23
- Examines my heart Ps139,17:3
- Frees the prisoners and those under heavy burdens Ps68:6
- Guides me and gives me glory when I am in trouble, gives food to the needy Ps 33:8,40:15,146:7
- Helps the fallen, hears the cries for help and rescues them, heals the broken hearted Ps145:14,145:20, 147:3
- Is close to all who fear Him Ps 145:8
- Justice , He brings to the oppressed Ps 146:7
- Knows everything I do and everything about me, keeps all His promises, keeps me alive Ps146:6, 41:2
- Lifts up those bent beneath their loads that weigh them down Ps 145:14,146:8
- My safe haven, maker of heaven and earth Ps 43:2
- Nurses those who are sick Ps 41:3
- Opens the eyes of the blind Ps 46:8
- Protects those of childlike faith and those who fear Him, protects me from danger Ps 116:6, 27:1
- Quickens me according to His Word Ps 119:25 (revives, restores, preserves me)
- Remembers us in our weaknesses , rescues us from all our troubles , and restores our health Ps 136:23, 41:3
- Saves me from my enemies, strengthens me, surrounds me with songs of victory, I trust Him with all my heart Ps28:7,136:24,96:2
- Takes care of the innocent, they will not be disgraced in hard times Ps 37:18
- Understands all I do because He made my heart Ps 40:6
- Victory comes from you, O Lord! Ps 62:7, Ps 3:8
- Withholds no good thing from those who do what is right Ps 69:9
- Executes judgment from His throne , examines the righteous and the wicked, examines our heart in the night Ps 9:7,11; 17::3
- You O Lord, are a shield around me, You can be sure of this; the Lord has set apart the godly for himself Ps 3:3,4:3
- Zeal of house house will consume Him Ps84:11, John 2:17
He is always beside me, I will never be shaken. He keeps every promise forever.
You can be sure of this;
The Lord set apart the godly for Himself
The Lord will hear when I call to Him
“these are the nations which the Lord left, that He might test Israel” Judges 3
When I read this verse in Judges, I thought NO! That’s horrible, no more testing! They need a break, but wait…. He did this to teach warfare to generations of Israelites who had no experience in battle. In the wilderness, the tests and trials they experienced were to refine them, to humble them, to know what was in their heart, to see if they loved the Lord with all their heart and whether they would keep His commandments. Deuteronomy 8:2 Deuteronomy 13:3Judges 2:22
The people of Israel finally reached their promised land after wandering for 40 years but God did not destroy all their enemies. The Lord left Israel’s enemies so that they might be tested. I couldn’t believe it when I read it, why!? They experienced plagues, death, sword, leprosy, sickness, they even saw those who rebelled be swallowed up by the ground. Finally – they reached the promise land, the promise given to Abraham but their testing and proving still was not completed. You’d think, phew! Finally! They made it, but they were still not at their final destination, they needed more testing in order teach the next generation.
Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.1 Peter 4:12-13
HE RIDES ACROSS THE HEAVENS TO HELP YOU
Even in all Israel’s trials, God always wanted them to know how much He loved them. This same truth is for you today, He wants you to know that He loves you and He has always loved you. His thoughts for you outnumber the sands on the shore, He loves you with an everlasting love. Isaiah 40:30 tells us that those who wait on the Lord (that means to reach out to Him/trust) will renew their strength, mount with eagle wings, run and not be weary, walk and not be faint. He is your source of strength. Reach out to Him. “ Indeed He loves His people, His holy ones are in His hands” Dt 33:3 and also “He will never leave you nor forsake you” Dt 31:8. Jesus said “and lo, I am with your always, even until the end of this age”
Who rides the heavens to help you,And in His excellency on the clouds Dt 33
To Him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which were of old!Indeed, He sends out His voice, a mighty voice.ps 68:33
Even though the people of Israel endured many trials and still had much more ahead, they knew the Lord was with them. We know the Lord doesn’t change, He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He still rides the heavens to help you. Every time the people cried out to the Lord, He came to help them. They cried out to the Lord 50X
We, like the Israelites in the wilderness, look forward to our heavenly country
Hebrews 11:10, 13-16 : Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God……. All these people died still believing what God had promised them. They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it. They agreed that they were foreigners and nomads here on earth.14 Obviously people who say such things are looking forward to a country they can call their own. 15 If they had longed for the country they came from, they could have gone back. 16 But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
As I read the verse above, I wonder if the walk of the Israelites through the wilderness to the promised land represents our walk on this earth as we journey to our promised land. Just as Israel reached their promised land, so we have received our promise but our enemies are still here – just as they were with Israel. Jesus defeated death, He made a way for us but we still have much work do to. We are told we wage an invisible war, we are soldiers of the cross not to be entangled with the things of this world. We embrace these promises as we walk as strangers and pilgrims on this earth.We, like the Israelites, are headed to the promise, our heavenly country. We, like them, will die in faith seeing this promise afar off. We don’t see the heavens, we don’t see eternity just as Israel didn’t see the promise, but they knew it was ahead- it was in their heart. We know that there is a heavenly country ahead that we journey to also. Maybe the walk of the Israelites is symbolic of our walk today. Yet, we are also told that as we walk here, we are citizens with the saints and members of the household of God because of Christ Jesus. Even on this journey, the Lord is with us just as He was with Israel as they walked. (Eph 2:19)
Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.1 Peter 1:11-12
In Ecclesiastics 3, King Solomon wrote that everything has it’s time
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.
How do we handle life during seasons of testing?
- Cry out to Him
- Patiently Endure
- Reach out to Him and He will help you Isaiah
- Don’t give up
- Put on the Armor of God- we don’t fight flesh and blood, but the unseen
- Rejoice and Count it all Joy (it develops great endurance)
Sometimes life can feel overwhelming and then there are other times when God brings peace and lets you rest for a while. It’s good to know that in whatever circumstance you are in, God is always there for you. Have you cried out to Him? Are you too overwhelmed to pray? Ask someone for prayer to help you though this time. Romans 5:3-5 tells us to rejoice in our trials, because it is during these times that we change. James 1:12-15 promises God’s blessing on those who patiently endure testing and temptation.
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:3-4
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. James 1:12-15
The testing of our faith produces patience and this testing refines us as silver is refined or gold is tested.
- Revelation 2:10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
- Revelation 3:10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.
- 1 Peter 1:7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
- James 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
- Psalm 11:4 The Lord is in His holy temple, The Lord’s throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
- Psalm 11:5 The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
- Psalm 17:3 You have tested my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tried me and have found nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
- Psalm 66:10 For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined.
- Zechariah 13:9I will bring the one–third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- In everything we do, we show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind. We have been beaten, been put in prison, faced angry mobs, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and gone without food. 6 We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love. We faithfully preach the truth. God’s power is working in us. We use the weapons of righteousness in the right hand for attack and the left hand for defense. 8 We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us. We are honest, but they call us impostors. 9 We are ignored, even though we are well known. We live close to death, but we are still alive. We have been beaten, but we have not been killed. 10 Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything. 2 cor 6
- James 5:11 We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance. You can see how the Lord was kind to him at the end, for the Lord is full of tenderness and mercy
The great men and women in the bible had to go through testing and trials. Consider Joseph, Job, Abraham, Joshua, Moses, David, Jeremiah, the prophets, Jesus, Paul, Esther, Gideon, Elijah and many more. Every great man and woman of God endured trials.